Emphasizing the human aspect of Islam
The largest international Islamic effort
The Muslim Council of Elders’ most important project is the largest international Islamic effort and the most influential in terms of communicating with Muslim youth and with many Muslim and non-Muslim organisations and universities across the world. The first convoy was launched in 2015, and there are now 14 convoys. Each convoy consists of experts in Islamic knowledge who speak the language of the convoy’s destination. The Council believes there is an urgent need for such convoys, especially when Muslim youth are experiencing the worst phase in the history of the Islamic Ummah. Religious recruitment has reached its peak, particularly among extremist militants who do not fear Allah or respect the sanctity of life and the custody of Allah. Through their messages and activities, these convoys emphasise the humane aspect of Islam by engaging in wise and rational discussions with non-Muslims and teaching them that Islam is a religion of peace. The peace convoys work to promote a culture of peace, to protect young Muslims living abroad from extremist and fanatical ideology, and to correct misunderstandings about religious concepts.
Peace Caravans target countries where some cultural conflicts, on both religious and ethnic levels, are taking place in Africa, Europe, America, and Asia.
- Europe: (England, Germany, Italy, Spain, and France)
- Asia: (China, Indonesia, Pakistan, and Kazakhstan)
- Africa: (Nigeria, Chad, South Africa, and Central Africa)
- America: (The United States of America)
Promoting the culture of peace and coexistence among Muslims and followers of the other faiths, and encouraging the young Muslims to make a successful social integration in their current communities.
Reducing the tension that is centered around the Muslim communities abroad.
How to Transfer the Message
Organize intensive scientific and Da’wah activities that include intellectual and scientific seminars, workshops, and lectures in the different religious and thought institutions in the target countries.
- Promote the cultures of peace, tolerance, and coexistence between the different faiths.
- Extinguish the fires of tension in the countries where cultural conflicts take place in the name of religions.
- Spread awareness among Muslim youth and clarify the teachings of Islam to them as they are the most vulnerable to extremist movements in their societies.
- Encourage the Muslims to positively and efficiently integrate in their host societies.
- Find and provide solutions to the religious tension in the target societies.